Best life jacket for kids 2021 : A great way of exercising, and having a fun activity with the kids is teaching them Swimming. Swimming is an essential skill for a lot of reasons; it will make the toddlers as well as the kids comfortable in the water. If they are comfortable with water, they can become good swimmers as well as spend their summers in a lot better way. But if the kids don’t have a supporting device which will keep them afloat, then spending the time in the water will be a lot difficult as well as dangerous.
This is where the life jacket comes and saves your day. It will not only boost your child’s confidence for Swimming at an early age, but bit will also keep you in a relaxed manner as you will have the assurance that the Kid is safe. This is why it is mandatory to find the best swimming gear for your kids. If the baby is comfortable and so are you, then your activities will be a lot more fun.
- 1 Best Life Jackets for Kids Reviews 2021
- 1.1 #1. STEARNS Kids Life Vest | Youth Hydroprene Life Jacket | 50 to 90 Pounds, Pink/Purple
- 1.2 #2. Zeraty Kids Swim Vest Life
- 1.3 #3. Stohlquist Kids Life Jacket Coast Guard Approved Life Vest for Children
- 1.4 #4. Speedo Kids’ UPF 50+ Begin to Swim Classic Toddler Swim Vest
- 1.5 #6. Gogokids Kids Swim Vest Folat Jacket – Boys Girls Floation Swimsuit Buoyancy Swimwear
- 1.6 #7. Onyx All Adventure Youth Vest
- 1.7 #8. FORNY Kids Life Jacket Children Watersport Classic Series Swim Vest
- 2 Conclusion
Best Life Jackets for Kids Reviews 2021
We did some research and made a list of the best life jackets for your kids. We did thorough research, read hundreds of every type of reviews, then narrowed down the dozens of options, so that we could create a list of the unique equipment for your little ones.
Also, not just swimming, if you are planning to do canoeing, pack rafting, white water rafting, or even fishing with your little one, then use the life jacket as the safety of your child is paramount.
No other equipment than a life jacket or a PFD will take care of your child’s safety in the water. We did the research, so now you won’t have to sit hours and hours on the internet just to find a best life jacket for kid.
The shell of this life jacket is made up of Hydroprene, which is Soft and Flexible, and it comes with a Crosstech PE Foam. It is the perfect combination, and this is why the jacket will not be uncomfortable for your child.
This jacket has approval from the US Coast Guard, and the youths who weigh between 50 to 90 LBS can wear it. The jacket comes with a Hidden webbing that stays out of the way.
The jacket comes with two buckles as well as a Zippered opening, so getting in and out of the jacket is a lot easier. Because of this, the vest will also stay fit securely, and the child can have a lot of fun. The jacket is available in two colors, i.e., Pink and Blue.
- Has a durable Crosstech flotation foam
- It has the Approval from US coast guard
- Comes with two buckles and a Zipper for extra protection
- Not for Kids above 10 years Age
This life jacket is the perfect option if you wish to secure your child’s future. It comes with a UV50+ block, which protects the kids from all the harmful Sunrays (UVA and UVB).
This jacket is recommended for kids for the kids who weigh between 22-50 lbs and who are aged between 1 to 9. The jacket is made up of top-quality Neoprene, which provides Buoyancy as well as warmth. Because of these features, the child feels a lot secure and confident while swimming.
This jacket is perfect for Swimming, surfing, beach holidays, etc. this jacket is ideal if you want to build the confidence of your child. The company will refund the amount or give replacements if you aren’t happy with the product; the jacket is available in two colours.
- Comes with UV50+ bloc
- It is made up of top-quality Neoprene
- Also unisex.
- The crotch strap is padded
- The Metal buttons may rust over time
The reason why this jacket made into our list is because it has a double collar construction, which means it is perfect for infants. It has a proper flotation design and is adjustable.
It is evident that the babies aren’t going to swim on their own, so to prevent any kind of disaster, it is advisable that the parents should find a life vest that will keep the baby on their back, and doesn’t push them forward. The life vest Stohlquist is made on this feature, and this is why this jacket is designed by keeping all this in mind. It is suitable for infants who weigh around 8 to 3olbs. The flotation weight of the coat is 7lbs.
The T – shaped straps of the vest go around the back and through the legs, securing everything. The jacket has adjustable tabs on both sides, as well as a crotch strap buckle, this will make sure the vest will not move, and the baby has fewer chances of slipping by. The jacket has a front entry zip as well as a buckle which covers the Zipper. These features allow the vest to be put on and off in an effortless manner
The jacket has a rescue strap, which is attached to the top of the collar; the strap allows the parent to pull the baby out of the water. If the baby isn’t able to hold their head, then the raised collar will provide them with extra support. Since it has double collars, the large collar known as the head pillow will keep the heads afloat during any emergency.
- Available in 3 colors which have high visibility
- The jacket comes with dual neck support
- Also has a grab handle which helps in quickly taking the baby out
- The jacket has the approval from US coast guard
- It is a bit Pricey compared to other jackets in the list
- The Zipper, which is present on the jacket, can chafe the neck of small babies.
This swim vest is made fun looks a lot safer. The jacket is made up of soft and durable Neoprene, which provides comfort as well as protection. The jacket comes with UV50+ protection that allows the babies to spend as much time as they want in the water a beach without getting sunburned or tanned.
The jacket comes safety straps, and firm buckle closure, which provides firm securing the straps and the buckle ensures that the vest doesn’t rip off while the baby is swimming. The jacket is very easy to wear as it comes with a zipper in front, so putting it on and off isn’t a huge task.
This jacket is amongst the best budget wear, so a toddler aged between 2 to 3 and 4 to 6 can wear it very easily. The color of the jacket is based on the aquatic theme.
- The jacket provides the freedom to the child in the water and allows them to learn Swimming easily.
- The jacket keeps the baby afloat and gives them the much-needed confidence
- This jacket is the best for the beginners
- It is a very sturdy jacket for beaches and pools
- The life jacket protects from Sun Rays.
- If the weight of the child isn’t consistent, then the jacket may not keep the baby afloat
- If the jacket bunches up the padded foam will be a lot uncomfortable
If you are in search of a life jacket that is soft and is available in a lot of colours, then the TRC Recreation is the best option for you. This vest is made up of Vinyl and is available in 5 vivid colours to match your baby’s personality. The jacket is available in various sizes.
The TRC jacket has approval from the US Coast Guard. It is made of waterproof Vinyl a closed-cell foam, which comes with a safety application. It is a very lightweight jacket and is comfortable yet easy to wear. It can also be carried around easily.
The jacket comes with quick snap buckles, 2 in number. The jacket has a crotch strap in the small and extra small size. This life vest is perfect for babies who are under 50 pounds and have a chest size of about 23 or 24 inches.
The downside of this jacket is that the Cons outweigh the PROS, even though it’s a top-rated life vest; it just doesn’t solve all the purposes, it somehow falls short.
The cons vastly outweigh the pros of the TRC Recreation Kid’s Super Soft Vinyl Vest, even though it is a top-rated life vest. I am sure that it serves its purpose well; however, when looking at one product versus another, it is just coming up short.
- lightweight vest.
- It is effortless to wear, and un-wear this jacket
- Available in 5 colors, which are highlighted in nature, and your child can be seen easily.
- It is a very soft vest, thus very comfortable
- The flotation device of this jacket isn’t ideal for all kinds of water situations
- The size chart of the coat isn’t very clear.
- The crotch strap isn’t available for all sizes.
This cute Vest is made up of Neoprene, which provides enough amount of Buoyancy as well as warmth. It is a perfect companion if your child is learning how to swim. This jacket has a certification from CE, which means it can be used for boating also.
The jacket comes with a thermal as well as sun protection, so basically, your baby is safe from all kinds of harmful sun rays. The jacket comes with a grab handle, which is very convenient, you can use the handle for retrieving the jacket quickly, for storing it as well drying it.
The jacket comes with quick-release buckles, wear and un-wear of the jacket are a lot easier because of the fasteners. The jacket features chest straps that provide added safety and security; not only this, the jacket comes with a crotch strap, which makes sure that the jacket is fit snuggly.
The jacket comes with one design for a boy and one for girls.
- It Provides enough Buoyancy and warmth to babies
- The jacket comes with a grab handle, which makes it a lot more convenient
- Has quick release buckles, a crotch strap, and chest straps.
- The jacket may cause skin allergy or chaff the skin because of the material it is made of.
The Jacket is made up of lightweight and well as durable flotation Foam. The Vest is available in Bright colour combinations, which will make sure that your child is visible even from afar.
The Jacket has seven-segment hinge points, and the outer shell of the Jacket is made up of Durable Nylon. The Vest fits youth who weigh 50- 90 pounds.
- Made up of lightweight and comfortable foam
- The outer shell is made up of Nylon
- It comes with seven hinge points
- The Jacket rides up
- It doesn’t have an approval from the US coast guard
The jacket comes with a crotch strap, which is in the shape of a crescent. The crotch strap is softer and broader, which makes it a lot comfortable for kids. Your baby will not need any other kinds of auxiliary buoyancy products, and the jacket is self-sufficient
It is excellent for swimming, tubing, boating, etc. children feel a lot more safe and confident because of the jacket. The small size of this jacket will fit the kids who weigh between 24 to 42 lbs, and the medium will fit kids who weight 42 to 58 pounds. the size can be adjusted with the help of adjustable straps
- Comes with a crotch strap
- Is available in three highlighting colours
- The material of the jacket is unknown
For a kid to get into the water can be a very daunting experience. The best way to make them feel secured and safe is to make them wear a life jacket. A life vest will not only make them feel secured but will also make you as a parent feel comfortable. In this topic, we have covered a number of life vests, which are suitable for your Kid.
The life vests in the list have various designs, but the main focus of the jacket is to provide additional support to your kid while they are flapping their wings in the water. It will give them much-needed confidence, and they will be able to swim without floats in no time.
If you are one of those parents who want their kids to get into water sports at a very early age, then a life vest should be your top priority. The majority of the vests are for kids who are just starting and their love for water sports can be cemented at a very early age.